The Men’s Leadership Alliance (MLA) is proud to announce a new program: The Equine Connection Experience. This new project is being led by longtime MLA Staff Member Brad Gallup, along with Operation Equine Founder Michelle Kaye, and Debra and Robert Plant: Owners of Mount Moriah Stables.
This Equine Connection Experience might be for you if you see yourself in the following:
- Have you been working with a therapist or attending men’s retreats for a while and want to try something new to deepen your communication skills?
- Are you frustrated by your ability to stay connected and loving in your primary relationship?
- Are you struggling to communicate with your spouse and children without resorting to anger or frustration?
- Are you avoiding having difficult conversations with the people that are the most important to you because you don’t know what to say to them or even how to begin the conversation?
- Do you feel disconnected and depressed even when you are surrounded by friends and family?
- Does technology seem to have taken over a larger part in your life than you even realize and feels like it’s the only way to connect with people in your life?
- Does your life feel like it is lacking purpose, passion or even a sense of direction?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then the Equine Connection Experience might be for you!
So Why Horses?
This work is not about discovering “who you are.” It’s more about remembering who you are. In some ways, it’s not really even about the horse. It has more to do with how you relate to people in your life and the patterns that you have a hard time seeing when they are unknowingly operating within you.
The beauty of working with horses is that it’s far easier and faster for humans to receive feedback from the horse than from another human being. So the places where we have been struggling with to find more connection in our lives are suddenly seen in real time when we allow the horse to reflect how we are being in the world, not how we perceive we are being heard or seen.
In fact, working with horses will not only reflect our authenticity (or lack thereof) back to us, but they can also:
- Remind us of our freedom to choose, to dream, to reach and to feel
- Teach us intention, connection, perseverance and resilience
- Show us where we are living or communicating inauthentically or acting “on the surface”
- Listen to us from the inside out
- Remind us how powerful curiosity can be
- Make us aware when we are not in the present moment
- Model non-judgment and connection to us
We normally offer this program at $279, but because this is a pilot program with the MLA, we are offering this to the men of MLA for only $197. (Please note: the cost of the day includes lunch).
This Equine Connection Experience will be limited to 8 participants and would be rescheduled due to inclement weather. We will be participating with groundwork and will not be riding. We recommend that you dress warmly and in layers because we will spend the day outside. Please wear closed toed shoes and bring a water bottle with you.
Location: Mount Moriah Stables ~ 1990 W 150th Ave, Broomfield, CO 80023
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Brad Gallup firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Kaye at email@example.com. We invite you to visit our websites at www.BradGallup.com, www.OperationEquine.org , and www.MtMoriahStables.com for additional information about our programs.