Essential Coaching Skills to Use in Everyday Life
A powerful, soulful way to generate transformative experiences
for yourself and others, anytime, anywhere.
Activate your Mind for – Clearest Thinking & Creative Perspectives
Fire up your Doer for – Courage & Right Action
Access your Feeling for – Engaged Compassion & Deep Connections
Evoke your Deep Knowing for – Alignment with Purpose & Generative Leadership
Short on time? Here are the 30-second basics…
WHAT: A 6-part live experiential online course to address any personal issue in your own life and develop clarity and action in moving towards resolution. 4 Gateways is an innovative, holistic model that encompasses multiple modalities and techniques for looking at your life from a variety of viewpoints. The 4 Gateways is a powerful, experiential process to address an enormous variety of issues in anyone’s life. The model views both inner and outer life as a source of learning and discovery.
The 4 Gateways process creates new possibilities in the moment and provides opportunities to try them out. In the end, you guide yourself and others to bring new awareness into their inner life, their relationships, their careers, and their world.
WHEN: Classes will take place on:
- Class 1: Wednesday, March 10th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
- Class 2: Wednesday, March 24th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
- Class 3: Wednesday, April 7th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
- Class 4: Wednesday, April 21st @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
- Class 5: Wednesday, May 5th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
- Class 6: Wednesday, May 19th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
See below for more detailed class descriptions.
WHERE: Live online via Zoom, a free video conferencing software. All classes will be recorded and available for you to watch on replay for up to 1 year.
WHO: This course is for anyone (all genders welcome) who wants to learn powerful and effective tools that will impact your life, your approach to current life challenges, and your relationships with others. This course will be taught by certified 4 Gateways coach and trainer, Jake Lohwater, LCSW, who has years of experiences using and teaching this personal growth tool for himself and his coaching clients. The course will be assisted by certified 4 Gateways coach and trainer apprentice, Teddy Churchill, as well as supported by 4 Gateways creator, Tom Daly, PhD.
WHY: By joining this course and learning the Basic 4 Gateways Process, you will learn how to actively transform old patterns by tapping into inner wisdom at the levels of thinking (magician), feeling (lover), doing (warrior), and being (sovereign), You will also:
* Refine your listening skills.
* Understand the beliefs and assumptions underlying the process.
* Co-coach with fellow participants with supervised feedback.
* Guide others to access the creative opportunities in any issue.
* Quickly and skillfully work with resistance and conflict.
* Access joy and compassion by working deeply within yourself and with others.
*Create effective self-care and support systems for yourself and anyone you work with.
COURSE FEE: $497
Includes a free copy of The 4 Gateways: Foundational Skills Training Handbook, written by Tom Daly, PhD, and a free 30-minute individual coaching session, with Teddy Churchill.
Questions about the course?
What others are saying about the course
The 4 Gateways is stunning in its ability to create real change at the deepest levels with a huge variety of issues. Every time I use this process my clients are awakened to a new way of accessing their inner wisdom. — Rhonda Hess, Business Coach, Prosperous Coach, Inc.
The 4 Gateways model provides me with a map I can use for any issue and any client. The model offers access to powerful unconscious blocks that drive thinking and behavior. It’s essential to my practice. — Brian Gast, Executive Coach, Quadrant International
Want more information? Read on…
Coaching is very much a part of our everyday lives. Some of us have had the good fortune to receive great coaching in athletics, in business, or in public life. In these fields we all recognize the payoffs of when coaching is done well.
We believe everyone plays the role of coach in their own lives and in their interactions with others.
Life coaching and all its many variations has expanded exponentially in the last decade. Coaching is second only to IT (Information Tech) as the fastest growing profession. Why now?
Many people understand that in this rapidly changing world we all need new operating systems to be at our best.
Coaching does for us what IT professionals do for our hardware. The 4 Gateways Process guides you in stepping out of your conditioned way of seeing things and to view any issue from four different wisdom archetypes of king, warrior, magician, and lover.
All that we think, feel, do, and know deeply comes alive as a potential resource in dealing with almost any problem.
This course offers that level of clarity.
For those willing to take the risk, the most liberating and healing thing any of us can do is own our shadows (those parts of ourselves we project onto others.)
In this process we learn to trust those shadows as amazing resources for transformation.
One of the best things about the 4 Gateways Process is that it keeps deepening in power as you add your personal awareness in each gateway.
During this course you will engage in experiential activities, including guided meditations, breath work, and paired and small group coaching opportunities utilizing the 4 Gateways coaching model.
Your internal story of your challenges will come forth and be transformed into a new perspective on life.
From this new perspective you can make more authentic connections, break unhealthy bonds, heal wounds, and bless what is there both within and between you and your life.
In doing this work you will be able to take the next steps toward living your life with a sense of freedom and peace, and find more joy, richness, satisfaction, and love for yourself and in all areas of your life.
- This course will feature 6 x 2-hour online classes.
- The classes will happen live so that you can interact and engage with course instructors and other men.
- All classes will be recorded and available to watch on replay for 1 year.
- The 4 Gateways: Foundational Skill Training Handbook, included with tuition, will be utilized between classes to enhance your learning,
- Paired practice coaching sessions between sessions will also offer hands on peer learning between each class (5 total practice sessions)
Class 1: Getting Started – The Overview of the 4 Gateways
Wednesday, March 10th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
Class Guides: Jake Lohwater and Tom Daly
The course begins with an introduction to the 4 Gateways Process and its foundational beliefs and how it can be applied in your everyday life. You will share about your call to being here; speak about who you are, your strengths and what gifts you bring; and name your desired outcomes for this course.
During this class we will discuss the overview of the course which will include:
- Benefits of coaching using this model for yourself & your classmates.
- Learning the fundamental beliefs and assumptions underlying the process.
- Becoming familiar with the 4 wisdom perspectives.
- Learning the basic 4 Gateways model to use with yourself & other coaches.
- Applying the model in practice for issues of personal self-care.
- Establishing personal goals for the course and making best use of our time.
Class 2: A Deeper Understandings of Each Gateway
Wednesday, March 24th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
Class Guide: Jake Lohwater
We will begin this class by discussing the 4 Gateways model in more depth, its history and development as a coaching tool, and its foundational beliefs and assumptions. Understanding the philosophy of this coaching model will help you understand more fully how to coach yourself and others moving forward. The foundational beliefs and assumptions will inform all areas of this course and its coaching methods.
During this class you will experience the 4 Gateways process modeled in its entirety and discussed at length in order to understand how it works and how to use it effectively.
Together we will answer how the 4 Gateways utilizes effective coaching through:
- How to prepare yourself as a coach and prepare the client for coaching?
- What is needed to help a client clarify an issue and an outcome to be addressed?
- How to address the issue from the 4 Gateways and listen to a client intently?
- What integration and closing is necessary for clients to leave the session empowered?
Class 3: The How To? of the 4 Gateways Process
Wednesday, April 7th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
Class Guide: Jake Lohwater
Once you have understood the foundational beliefs and assumptions and experienced the process in its entirety, we will then address how to create a safe container for coaching to occur successfully. We will discuss how effective coaching integrates trust and safety between the coach and the client as well as respect for the process and the work to take place. You will experience a coaching session with a demonstration client model for teaching and then work in pairs to integrate the learning at this stage of the process.
During this class, we will focus on:
- Opening and closing coaching sessions.
- Preparing ourselves to coach and be coached.
- The importance of confidentiality and safety in coaching.
- Clarifying an issue and outcome.
- Addressing the issue from the 4 Gateways.
- Integrating the learning from the process.
Class 4: Accessing Deeper Wisdom in the Coaching Process
Wednesday, April 21st @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
Class Guide: Jake Lohwater
During this class you will review the coaching foundations and continue to deepen into the model as coaches and clients. There will be a discussion of the important things to remember when working with clients, how to track the issue and the outcome throughout a session, and how to guide effectively as a coach. This class will include more of the demonstration of the method and more time to discuss challenges experienced integrating this new model.
You will have the opportunity with your classmates to:
- Experience the model in more depth.
- Ask questions to clarify how to address challenges.
- Work with each other to coach and be coached on issues of self-care.
- Discuss any issues as they arise in the coaching relationship.
Class 5: Coaching Yourself and Others in Self-Care
Wednesday, May 5th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
Class Guide: Jake Lohwater
This class will focus on self-care and our personal relationships with how we meet our own needs and ask for support. There will be a demonstration of a full coaching process using the 4 Gateways method with more depth and clarity around how to integrate and close a session with a client. Integration of this tool and how it can be applied is the main objective of this model. Giving ourselves and our clients the opportunity to integrate their awarenesses into their lives is the most powerful part of this tool.
Together we will further experience and discuss:
- How does self-care and coaching support effective change?
- What underlying beliefs are most resonant with you during the process?
- When does integration occur for you and your client effectively and powerfully?
- How often does self-care and self-relationship come up in coaching sessions?
Class 6: Fully Integrating the 4 Gateways into Your Life
Wednesday, May 19th @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm US Mountain Time
Class Guidess: Jake Lohwater and Tom Daly
In this final class you will have the opportunity to review all the coaching basics of the model, ask any remaining questions about how to work the process for yourself and other coaches, and share the insights and takeaways from the course with the cohort. We will then discuss the next steps of how to integrate this coaching tool into your everyday life.
Together we will explore questions such as:
- How do I incorporate this coaching model into issues in my life moving forward?
- What do want to address in my life using this powerful tool for transformation?
- How can I continue to address challenges in my life through the 4 Gateways?
- What steps can I take to continue this path of deep listening and coaching in my life?
- How do I continue my own learning and development utilizing this model?
Jake is a licensed psychotherapist and life coach for men, couples, and groups. Many years ago, he found his passion for counseling in wilderness therapy programs in Colorado and Utah. Jake has worked with children, youth, adults, and families in outdoor education programs, public and alternative schools, substance abuse facilities, and outpatient counseling centers. His most recent work with high-conflict relationships has further informed his direct, yet respectful coaching in conflict resolution, relationship dynamics, and accessing inner wisdoms beyond ego states.
Jake specializes in empowering men of all ages to redefine purpose in their lives and rediscover passion in their relationships. He is passionate about helping boys and men discover and live their truest self in all areas of their lives. Jake lives in Golden, Colorado with his wife Natasha and daughter Claire.
Tom Daly, PhD – Course Elder
For over 40 years Tom has been a group and seminar leader, health educator, leadership trainer, counselor, life coach and coach trainer. Tom is a founder of the Living Arts Foundation and the Men’s Leadership Alliance. Both organizations are dedicated to supporting personal soul work, encouraging sustainable communities, and fostering a deep reverence for all life.
Tom currently teaches leadership and coaching skills in a variety of formats including: individual coaching and mentoring, the Men’s Leadership Alliance – Art of Leadership Training Program, the Inner King Training for men and the 4 Gateways Coaching Training Program. He is the author of The FatherWorkBook, Wildmen at the Border, and the 4 Gateways Coaching Guidebook, among other publications. Tom is a father, grandfather, stepfather & father-in-law. He lives in Gunbarrel, Colorado with his wife Jude.
Ted Churchill – Course Apprentice
Ted (Teddy) Churchill is currently the Cultural Liaison for The Men’s Leadership Alliance, a practicing 4 Gateways Certified Coach via Churchill Gateways Coaching, and an Airbnb Superhost offering extended and affordable Denver stays to young traveling students, interns and entrepreneurs.
His work for MLA non-profit in holistic education is the sum of a lifetime of personal development studies as a hospitality and retail general manager, performance and education business owner, life skills coach and support group creator, private and community event planner, homeschool parent and teacher. Teddy has led organizations to success by developing cultures that foster individual and relational engagement, synergy through diversity, and motivational, inclusive, detailed leadership. He is a proud father of four with 7 grandchildren, and lives with his partner, Justin, in Denver, CO.
The tuition for this course is $497.
Your tuition includes:
- 6 x 2-hour classes (a $150 value per class, a $900 total value)
- Coaching sessions during off weeks with your fellow classmates (a $250 value)
- A free copy ofThe 4 Gateways: Foundational Skills Training Handbook (a $50 value)
- A 30-minute individual coaching session during the course (a $75 value)