Holistic Leadership Training Program
The Premier Personal Growth &
Leadership Empowerment Program
for Today’s Men
Here are the 3-minute basics
WHO: This program is for any man ready to integrate all areas of your life with passion, power and purpose. Through the comprehensive components of this program you will:
- Refine and Enhance Your Gifts and Strengths
- Clear the Final Hurdles in Living the Life You Were Meant to Live
- Learn to Stand Tall in Who You Are
- Develop Authentic Leadership in all Areas of Your life
- Realign Your LifeWorld to harmonize with Your Inner Self
Embody the LifeStance of, “THIS IS WHO I AM”
WHAT: A 2-phase training program for men with thematic units interwoven with core competencies that together are designed for you to be a confident leader in all areas of your life. Combining online and in-person modalities of learning with regular support from guides and Elders, this program is designed for you to be able to engage in your learning and growth while being immersed in your everyday life and responsibilities.
This program is guided by long-time men’s facilitators as well as guest guides who have years of experience combining the theoretical study of men with the practical implementation of experiential activities that bring about change in men’s lives. And the primary teacher here is you! This program is ever-evolving based on you and the other men’s stories, needs, longings and wisdom. Together with the support of a community of men through a interwoven cycle of learning and giving you will find acceptance and strength in your Self and your gifts.
WHY: This program will support you in taking those final steps into realizing and embodying the fullest version of your self to fulfill your unique destiny for why you are here on this planet, in this body, at this time. This program gives you the opportunity to realize the fullness of who you are and the gifts you have while providing forums to embody your self as leader based on those realizations and gifts. This new embodied understanding of Self as Leader will allow you to be of greater service to your family, workplace, community, and the world.
WHERE: This training program combines online and in-person group learning and experiences with individual support and self learning.
Online Components include:
Experiential Learning Courses ~ Group Seminars & Councils ~ One-on-One Coaching ~ One-on-One Elder Support ~ Group Interactions
In-Person Components include:
Retreats ~ HLTP Cohort Intensives ~ Leadership Trainings ~ Ritual & Ceremony
Individual Engagement Components include:
Reflective Writing ~ Thematic Reading ~ Thematic Tasks ~ Gifts-Based Learning and Service Project
All online components are live online via Zoom, a free video conferencing software (like Skype for groups) so that you can interact and engage with the guides and other men. All seminars, course classes, and coaching calls will be recorded and available for you to watch on replay.
WHEN: Phase 1 is completed in calendar year one, primarily between February and November, and Phase 2 will be completed the following year.
Required Times: Online Courses and Cohort Seminars are the program’s online fixed times. All online classes take place on consistent evenings, 6:00pm-8:00pm MST. Cohort seminars are also monthly in the evenings, 6:30-8:00pm MST. These add up to a total of 40 evening requirements for the year.
*Retreats are the other fixed times. MLA offers 12 retreats each year, and you get to choose which 2 retreats you will attend in a leadership role based on your schedule and interests. The HLTP cohort intensive will be in the summer each year.
Fluid Times: Monthly one-on-one coaching and monthly Elder-support are scheduled at times in the month that work with your schedule. The thematic unit reading and tasks are also completed on your own time.
See below for more detailed program component descriptions and timeframes.
PROGRAM INVESTMENT: $5,950/phase. Each phase includes: 10 Thematic Units, 6 Courses, 12 Seminars, 10 Coaching Sessions, 10 Elder Support Calls, 2 Trainings, 3 Retreats, and 1 Self-Created Project
This rigorous and robust program for men is for you if you are ready to take the final steps
to commit to living a fully integrated life.
Do you hear the call to be a part of this program?
Acceptance into the Program
Acceptance into the program is contingent on a one-on-one conversation with one of our program guides. This conversation will be a time to share the calling you hear to be a part of the program — i.e. current life joys and struggles, goals and aspirations, desired outcomes — as well as speaking to the realities of your current life structure and your ability to commit to all aspects of the training.
Click here to request a one-on-one conversation
Or email Jason: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read on for more detailed program information
What does it mean to be a healthy leader in the world today?
Leadership as a word and concept these days is laden with connotation and expectation. Especially as men we were taught that being a leader meant being the best, taking advantage of others, holding power over, dominating, and so on. While we as men have often benefitted from the existent systems playing the game in these ways often did not fully fit who we are or what we needed, and certainly was not fully of service to ourselves or others.
Most of the models in pop culture, politics, religion and society at large, as well as in our own workplaces and daily lives, represent some version of this unhealthy, hierarchical, top-down, dominating, inauthentic leader archetype.
It seems something has been lost along the way. Or perhaps it is just something that we have forgotten that can be reawakened in each of us again here and now.
Being a healthy leader, being a healthy man, who is generative and strong and living a vision-based life
infused with your gifts and strengths is possible.
At MLA we believe that being a Holistic Leader is an art form, one that is alive, dynamic, and ever-changing.
Holistic Leadership means attuning to a life that is always evolving. All of who you were and how you have changed and grown informs who you are now. This approach to living your life is alive and dynamic and constantly informed by the wisdom of your inner knowing as it relates to the ever-changing world.
Being this attuned to yourself allows you to attune to the changing needs of your family, the people you work with, the communities you are involved in, and the larger environmental contexts so that a co-creative equally serving situation can emerge.
It is possible. And it begins with the full unique expression of you.
You have the wisdom you need in any given situation. You have the wisdom inside of you already for what you need to be the fullest version of yourself. It has always been there. And, learning to access that wisdom incorporatively in all areas of your life takes support and practice.
A new learning paradigm for men
Discovering what Holistic Leadership means is a new learning paradigm for men. Part of this new paradigm is learning to lead from a place of connection – connection with your lineage, connection with your gifts, strengths and callings, connection with the needs of others – connection with something greater beyond the needs of the self, and being able to bless and be of service from this connectedness.
The Holistic Leadership Training Program is an opportunity to bring rigor and learning to your growth as a man in the world,
for your own sake and for the survival of us all.
This program is designed to provide an ongoing supportive growth opportunity for you to take a deep dive into all areas of your life and realize the fullness of who you are to help define healthy masculinity today.
This two phase multi-year program is ideal for those that are already awakened to a sense of self and are wanting to embark on a committed journey of those last steps needed to arrive into that place of, “This is who I am!”, and be able to say that strongly and firmly in all areas of your life.
While year one is more focused on the personal growth and year two on the leadership growth they of course are interrelated and interwoven, and the program is designed to implement your leadership skills right away. The curriculum is designed to help you focus on your gifts and strengths, and how you are going to deliver them into the world, with the overall goal of shifting your primary focus from the personal to more of the meta-level contribution to helping men evolve in society today.
All we need now is to help each other remember and embody this Holistic Leadership for today’s men.
Program Curriculum Overview
- Program features: 20 Thematic Units ~ 12 Courses ~ 24 Seminars ~ 20 Coaching Sessions ~ 20 Elder Support Calls ~ 4 Trainings ~ 6 Retreats ~
2 Self-Created Projects
- Each Thematic Unit includes: Reflective Writing ~ Topical Tasks ~ Group Engagement ~ Group Seminars / Councils ~ Online Courses ~
In-Person Trainings, Rituals and Experiential Learning
- Phase 1 focuses on Empowering Self and Phase 2 focuses on Empowering Leader: The two are held as an interwoven and inseparable cycle of intrapersonal and interpersonal learning and growth, with both phases including: Individual Work ~ Group Engagement ~ Experiential Learning ~
- Core Competencies include: Basics – Assessments of Strengths and Growth Areas ~ Essentials – Core internal understandings, reconciliations & alignments ~ Foundations – Building blocks for holistic and healthy living ~ Experientials – Embodied Learning and Gift Giving
Program Curriculum – Phase 1
Unit 1 – Basics: Personal Inventory
- Personality Understanding, Passions and Areas of Interest Acknowledgment, Growth Needs Assessment
- Online Course – Life Cycles: Recognizing & Accepting Self
Unit 2 – Essentials: Self-Care
- Holistic & Realistic Tools for Tending to Yourself for the Rest of Your Life
- Online Course: Radical Self-Care
Unit 3 – Essentials: Emotional Engagement & Embodiment
- Accessing and Developing Your Emotional Body Connection
Unit 4 – Foundations: Lineage I – Father
- Healthy Alignment with Your Father Line
- Online Course: Father Reconciliation
Unit 5 – Experientials: Spirituality
- Awakening to Your Intuitive Knowing, Accessing Allies
Unit 6 – Experientials: Facilitation Guiding
- Embracing and Embodying the Archetype of Guide
Unit 7 – Experientials: Group Dynamics I
- Developing Tools for Working with Groups
Unit 8 – Essentials: Sexuality, Intimacy & Relationships
- Transforming Stories of Our Bodies and the Impact of Unaware Actions on Others
- Online Course – Generative Engagement: Healthy Dance of Self & Other
Unit 9 – Foundations: Linage II – Mother
- Healthy Alignment with Your Mother Line
- Online Course – Mother Reconciliation
Unit 10 – Foundations: Realigning LifeWorld
- Bringing Your Inner Knowing into Everyday Life
- Online Course – Life Cycles: Transitions to Transformation
Program Curriculum – Phase 2
Unit 1 – Basics: Leadership Inventory
- Self-as-Leader Understanding, Strengths & Gifts Acknowledgment, Growth Needs Assessment
- Online Course – Life Cycles: Discovering Self as Leader
Unit 2 – Essentials: Radical Ritual
- Bringing Meaningful Rituals into Everyday Practice
- Online Course: Ritual & Ceremony in Everyday Life
Unit 3 – Foundations: Power & Privilege
- Patriarchy, Hegemony, and Micro-Aggressions – The Impact of the Societal Masculine Expressions and Expectations on Men and Other Genders
- Online Course: Shifting the Mythos of Masculinity
Unit 4 – Essentials: Archetypal Allies of Leadership
- Accessing & Developing Your Archetypal Allies
Unit 5 – Experientials: Group Dynamics II
- Deepening Tools for Working with Groups
Unit 6 – Experientials: Listening & Mirroring
- Engaging in the Art of Deep Listening & Reflection
Unit 7 – Experientials: Intuition
- Developing Your Innate Wisdom & Working With Others Through Your Inner Knowing
Unit 8 – Essentials: Destiny & Purpose
- Honing Your Gifts & Callings and Translating to Your Work in the World
- Online Course – Life Cycles: Living a Life of Resonant Yeses
Unit 9 – Foundations: Community
- Forming and Maintaining a Support Structure for Your Life
- Online Course – Community Building in a Fragmented World
Unit 10 – Foundations: Holistic LifeWorld
- Solidifying the Next Phase of Your Life in Holistic and Sustainable Ways
- Online Course – Life Cycles: Strengthen into Stability
Engagement Modalities – Online Components
Phase 1 Courses
- Life Cycles: Presencing Self (4 classes)
- Radical Self-Care (4 classes)
- Generative Engagement: Healthy Dance of Self & Other (4 classes)
- Father Reconciliation (6 classes)
- Mother Reconciliation (6 classes)
- Life Cycles: Transitions to Transformations
Phase 2 Courses
- Life Cycles: Presencing Leader (4 classes)
- Ritual & Ceremony in Everyday Life (4 classes)
- Shifting the Mythos of Masculinity (6 classes)
- Life Cycles: Living a Life of Resonant Yeses
- Community Building in a Fragmented World
- Life Cycles: Strengthen into Stability (4 classes)
- 24 Cohort Councils & Trainings based on thematic units (12 per Phase)
- 20 Individual Coaching Sessions (10 per Phase)
- 20 Individual Elder Blessing and Support Sessions (10 per Phase)
Engagement Modalities – In-Person Components
- Staffing MLA Retreats
- Total: 4 Weekend Retreats (2 per phase)
- HLTP Intensive Retreats – 4-Day Intensive
- Total: 2 Retreats (1 per phase)
- Half Day Trainings – Focus on Experiential Themes & Individual Leadership Challenges
- Total: 4 Trainings (2 per phase)
Engagement Modalities – Individual Work
- Weekly reflective journaling on growth and learning
- Weekly postings on HLTP group page
- Each unit has required readings (as well as additional suggested readings)
- Each unit has a few activities, including: videos, podcasts, themed activities
Engagement Modalities – Gifts-Based Learning & Service Project
Design and implement a project or offering utilizing your interests, passions and gifts in service of the MLA existing community or new men.
This is an opportunity to create and put into practice the Holistic Leader you are becoming.
Examples could include:
- Half-Day Workshop on Creative Writing, Music and Soul, Service Workers, etc.
- Online open group for men
- Periodic casual community gathering opportunities
- Structure for reaching new men
- And 1,000 other possibilities!
- Experiential (Holistic) – learning through experience – guided visualizations, 4 Gateways, ritual and ceremony
- Primary modality for all learning forums in this program
- Social (Interpersonal) – listening, peer interactions, group settings, trainings, one- on-ones, retreats
- Solitary (Intrapersonal) – self-awareness, introspection, independent work
- Verbal (Linguistic) – reading & writing
- Physical (Kinesthetic) – embodiment, nature connection
- Visual (Spatial) – purpose, visioning
- Aural (Auditory-Musical) – sensate awareness, singing bowls, drums and instruments
- Logical (Mathematical) – self-assessments, life planning & gift alignment
Time Investment – Per Phase
Online Time Investment
Courses: 6 Courses, 28 Classes, 56 Hours (2 hrs/class)
Cohort Seminars and Councils: 12 Calls, 18 Hours (90 min/class)
Individual Coaching: 10 Sessions, 5 Hours (30 min/session)
Elder Connection: 10 Sessions, 5 Hours (30 min/session)
Total Online Investment: 84 hours
28 – 2-hour set evening times
12 – 90-minute set evening times
(Total of 40 evenings throughout year)
20 – 30 minute sessions scheduled anytime
In-Person Time Investment
Retreats: 2 Weekend Retreats, 64 Hours (32/retreat) and 1 HLTP Cohort Retreat, 64 Hours
Trainings: 2 Trainings, 8 Hours (4 hrs/training prior to weekend retreats)
Total In-Person Investment: 136 hours
8 hours total training morning of retreats
64 hours service learning at MLA retreats
64 hours personal growth at HLTP retreat
Individual Work Investment
Reflective Writing: weekly
Group Engagement: weekly
Total Individual Work Investment: 40 hours
4 hours / month on average
(more in Spring and Fall, less in Summer)
Service Learning Project Investment
Designing and implementing your project.
Total Service Learning Project Investment: 40 hours
4 hours / month on average
(depending on the needs of the project could be more some months, less some months)
Total Time Investment – Per Phase
- 74 Online Set Hours
- 10 Online Anytime Hours
- 136 In-Person Hours
- 80 Personal Anytime Hours
300 Hours Per Phase
At the end of the course you will be a MLA Certified Holistic Leader.
Being a certified Holistic Leader will help bring credence and credibility to your current work and to your future guiding or coaching aspirations.
In order to receive this you need to complete the following:
- Attend all online courses and seminars live, or watch the recordings of missed classes and send a session summary to course teachers
- Engage in all coaching sessions and all Elder sessions
- Attend both HLTP intensives and staff 4 weekend retreats
- Submit logs and notes from your reflective writing, reading and unit engagements
- Complete your Service Learning Project and submit written reflection
- Complete program completion review with course supervisors
Opportunities After Certification
Empowered to continue to lead (for pay) Service Learning Project offerings, and other equivalent MLA programs
Able to be a Member of the MLA Inner Circle
- Have a fuller impact in what we create and offer in the next 30 years
Able to teach sections of this Program
Prerequisite completed for the full MLA Facilitation Guiding Training Program
- Enables you to facilitate weekend retreats and other equivalent programs
Jason Geoffrion, PhD
As a guide, teacher, life coach, and transition specialist over the last 20 years, Jason has felt a deep desire and hunger from men of all ages to have meaningful connection with themselves as masculine beings. And he has seen the dire ramifications when that connection is absent. Jason creates spaces for men to access their authentic selves and redefine their definitions of masculinity so they can be of better service to their families, communities, workplaces, and the world.
Jason has served as Executive Director and facilitator for Men’s Leadership Alliance for 10 years, and has guided men’s retreats, leadership retreats, father/son retreats and rites of passages for men and boys of all ages. He recently completed his doctoral work in human development. His dissertation is entitled Defining a Masculine Self: A Phenomenological Study on the Impact of Men’s Retreats. Jason lives in Berthoud, Colorado with his wife Ellen and their daughter Coraleigh.
Tom Daly, PhD
For over 40 years Tom has been a group and seminar leader, health educator, leadership trainer, counselor, life coach and coach trainer. Tom is a founder of the Living Arts Foundation and the Men’s Leadership Alliance. Both organizations are dedicated to supporting personal soul work, encouraging sustainable communities, and fostering a deep reverence for all life.
Tom currently teaches leadership and coaching skills in a variety of formats including: individual coaching and mentoring, the Men’s Leadership Alliance – Art of Leadership Training Program, the Inner King Training for men and the 4 Gateways Coaching Training Program. He is the author of The FatherWorkBook, Wildmen at the Border, and the 4 Gateways Coaching Guidebook, among other publications. Tom is a father, grandfather, stepfather & father-in-law. He lives in Gunbarrel, Colorado with his wife Jude.
Jeffrey is a co-founder of The Men’s Leadership Alliance. He has guided men’s retreats for over 35 years in celebration of personal mythology, creative expression, healing, and world peace. He is a wilderness rites of passage guide and works on the staff of the School Of Lost Borders Youth Programs in addition to his work with MLA.
Jeffrey is author of Men, Meaning, and Prayer: The Reconciliation of Heart and Soul in Modern Manhood. A devoted husband and father, he lives with his wife in Eldora, Colorado.
Jake Lohwater, MSW, LCSW
Jake is a licensed psychotherapist and life coach for men, couples, and groups. Many years ago, he found his passion for counseling in wilderness therapy programs in Colorado and Utah. Jake has worked with children, youth, adults, and families in outdoor education programs, public and alternative schools, substance abuse facilities, and outpatient counseling centers.
His most recent work with high-conflict relationships has further informed his direct, yet respectful coaching in conflict resolution, relationship dynamics, and accessing inner wisdoms beyond ego states. Jake specializes in empowering men of all ages to redefine purpose in their lives and rediscover passion in their relationships. He is passionate about helping boys and men discover and live their truest self in all areas of their lives. Jake lives with his fiancee in Lakewood, CO.
Other Guest Experts and Guides will be utilized throughout the thematic units.
Investment – Per Phase
Online Courses: 4 – 4 week classes – $300 each = $1,200; 2 – 6 week classes – $400 each = $800
Seminars / Cohort Councils: 12 – 90 min sessions – $75 each = $900
Individual Coaching: 10 – 30 min sessions – $75 each = $750
Elder Support: 10 – 30 min sessions – $20 each = $200
Trainings: 2 – 4 hr sessions – $200 each = $400
Personal Work Assessment: 30 min/month – $25/month = $250
Service Project Support: 30 min/month – $25/month = $250
HLTP Intensive: 1 – 4-day Retreat = $850
Weekend MLA Retreats: 2 – 2-day Retreats – $175/retreat = $350
Total Investment Per Phase = $5,950
(Price is per phase – total cost for 2-year program is $11,900)
* Sit with the information*
(take a walk, meditate, council with another, spend time in nature…whatever is of service to you
when making life-altering decisions)
*Listen for the Call the the Program*
*Assess Time and Investment Requirements*
Respond with questions/interest/request one-on-one Acceptance Conversation
Acceptance into the program is contingent on a one-on-one conversation with one of our program guides. This conversations will be a time to share the calling you hear to be a part of the program — i.e. current life joys and struggles, goals and aspirations, desired outcomes — as well as speaking to the realities of your current life structure and your ability to commit to all aspects of the training.
Click here to express your interest & request a one-on-one conversation
Or email Jason: email@example.com